Born and trained in Hamburg, Germany. He started young in his career. Helping out occasionally at the age of 6 in his parents pastry & bakery shop before starting his three year German pastry apprenticeship at the age of 15.
- Relocated to Lyon, France when he was 18 to continue his education and to work as chocolatier / glacier at the ‘Marron aux Glace Patisserie’ in Lyon, which Chef was the founding member of the Relais Desserts Associations of leading pastry shops.
- Moved to the Turnberry Hotel Golf Courses & Spa in Scotland at the age of 20 only to be promoted to Executive Pastry Chef, running the pastry kitchen of this British 5 red diamond property at the age of 21.
- Several years of traveling and working as Executive Pastry Chef at some of the best hotels in the Middle East and Asia followed, Forte Grand Meridian Hotel in Dubai; the Peninsula Hotel in Beijing; Hilton Hotels in Japan (Otaru & Osaka), Hilton Hotels in China (Taipei, Shanghai, Nanjing, Dalian & Chongqing).
- Immigrated to Canada in 2002 to continue his career as Executive Pastry Chef at The Four Seasons properties in Vancouver and Toronto, before finally settling in Vancouver to pursue his career as Pastry Instructor at the North West Culinary Academy of Vancouver.
- Obtained his Provincial Instructor Diploma from VCC in 2006.
- Moved back a final time to Asia in 2007 as Executive Pastry Chef for the new-opening of The Ritz Carlton & JW Marriott Hotels in Beijing, featuring close to 1000 bed rooms and up to 14 food & beverage outlets while supervising 42 pastry cooks during the Beijing Olympics.
- Returned to Vancouver in 2009 to fulfill his dream in opening his own Pastry Training Centre.
- German Pastry Trade Certification and the Provincial Instructor Diploma.
- Various awards, gold, silver & bronze medals from pastry competitions in Vancouver, Dubai, Lyon, London & Glasgow.