Your next – Bread Course 1 – starting on 16-17/April at 17:30
This Professional Artisan Bread Baking Certificate Program (course) is designed for home bakers who wants to learn bread making in a serious and professional setting.
Receive your discount when you register The Complete Professional Artisan Bread Baking Program (course 1-8, total of 64 hours of learning).
- 23/April to 19/May, 2020 (every Thursday & Friday from 17:30 – 21:30)
You are able to register a single or multiple courses from this program. Each class consists of a total of 8 hours which is held over two consecutive days of 4 hours.
Due to the advance techniques applied and knowledge required, The Artisan Bread Baking Course 8 – Sourdough Bread Baking Course can only be booked for students which have completed all previous seven courses.
Please bring 2 tea towels to keep your utensils and workstation clean and dry; boxes (bags) to take your creations home.
Please come dressed appropriately for kitchen work (casual dress and solid, closed toe shoes).
Tuition Fee: $2288.00 (8 courses)
Attending Course 1 is mandatory prior attending other artisan baking course (2-7)
Price: $285.00 plus GST / single course registration
We will be working on with the following topics:
Course 1. Introduction to Bread Baking
- Introduction to Bread Baking, Tools & Ingredients
- What you really need to know about Gluten and Yeast
- DDT (desired dough temperature) calculation / long fermentation techniques
Course 2. Famous French Breads & Specialty Breads
- Autolyse and Bakers percentage
- Enforcing long fermentation techniques
- Up to seven different bread recipes are covered in this course
Course 3. Italian Breads
- Learning how to work with high hydration doughs
- Various different Italian bread recipes, sweet & savoury
- Everything you ever needed to know about Pizza making
Course 4. European Rye Breads
- Exploring the amazing rye breads of northern & eastern Europe
- Work with gummy and sticky rye dough
- Up to 9 different rye bread recipes from light rye to dark, heavy rye bread versions
Course 5. Healthy Whole Grain & Spelt Breads
- How to coax the maximum nutritional value of your grains during baking
- Learn how to mash, sprout and soak grains for healthy grain breads
- Working with ancient grains such as Spelt, Einkorn & Emmer
Course 6. Croissants & Soft Breakfast Breads
- Viennoiserie & soft, eggy, fluffy & buttery breakfast breads
- Learn how to braid breads
- Laminated doughs (Butter, Almond & Chocolate Croissants)
Course 7. Savory Breads Baking
- Learn the best ways to spice up your breads with vegetables, meats, herbs & spices
- The original Quiche Lorraine & French Country Loaf with Olives, Ham & Cheese
- Eight amazing recipes
Course 8. Artisan Sourdough Breads
- The pinnacle of artisan bread baking – Sourdough Breads
- Learn everything you need to know about wild fermentation
- All sourdough breads are made with a 17 years old starter during class