This Professional Artisan Bread Baking Certificate Program (course) is designed for home bakers who wants to learn bread making in a serious and professional setting.
You are able to register a single or multiple courses from this program.
Receive your discount when you register The Complete Professional Artisan Bread Baking Program (course 1-8, total of 64 hours of learning)
Tuition Fee: $2288.00 (8 courses) price includes GST
Attending Course 1 is mandatory prior attending other artisan baking course (2-7)
Price: $285.00 plus GST / single course registration
Each class consists of a total of 8 hours which is held over two consecutive days of 4 hours.
Due to the advance techniques applied and knowledge required, The Artisan Bread Baking Course 8 – Sourdough Bread Baking Course can only be booked for students which have completed all previous seven courses.
Please come dressed appropriately for kitchen work (casual dress and solid, closed toe shoes).
Please refer to the Policies for more detail.
- 2 tea towels, to keep your utensils and workstation clean and dry
- boxes (bags) to take your creations home
We will be working on with the following topics:
Course 1. Introduction to Bread Baking
- Introduction to Bread Baking, Tools & Ingredients
- What you really need to know about Gluten and Yeast
- DDT (desired dough temperature) calculation / long fermentation techniques
Course 2. Famous French Breads & Specialty Breads
- Autolyse and Bakers percentage
- Enforcing long fermentation techniques
- Up to seven different bread recipes are covered in this course
Course 3. Italian Breads
- Learning how to work with high hydration doughs
- Various different Italian bread recipes, sweet & savoury
- Everything you ever needed to know about Pizza making
Course 4. European Rye Breads
- Exploring the amazing rye breads of northern & eastern Europe
- Work with gummy and sticky rye dough
- Up to 9 different rye bread recipes from light rye to dark, heavy rye bread versions
Course 5. Healthy Whole Grain & Spelt Breads
- How to coax the maximum nutritional value of your grains during baking
- Learn how to mash, sprout and soak grains for healthy grain breads
- Working with ancient grains such as Spelt, Einkorn & Emmer
Course 6. Croissants & Soft Breakfast Breads
- Viennoiserie & soft, eggy, fluffy & buttery breakfast breads
- Learn how to braid breads
- Laminated doughs (Butter, Almond & Chocolate Croissants)
Course 7. Savory Breads Baking
- Learn the best ways to spice up your breads with vegetables, meats, herbs & spices
- The original Quiche Lorraine & French Country Loaf with Olives, Ham & Cheese
- Eight amazing recipes
Course 8. Artisan Sourdough Breads
- The pinnacle of artisan bread baking – Sourdough Breads
- Learn everything you need to know about wild fermentation
- All sourdough breads are made with a 17 years old starter during class